Thursday, May 23, 2013

BRIMFIELD WEEK

 
 


 


Have to admit, I haven't always been a dedicated Brimfield attendee. It truly is an all day event and I see a lot of the vendors at other flea markets I frequent in New England, but it's also pretty hard to resist when you live so close and love old junky things. Also it's pretty darn hard to resist spending a day with my best friend moseying around and eating hot dogs. So Francesca and I made our way to the fields twice last week and came away with some pretty great finds! The most notable being the couch pictured above .. definitely didn't expect to find a new couch of all things .. but it's perfect! And was such a steal. 

Francesca has a little cottage on the water a few towns over from Brimfield so we were able to get in a peaceful, early morning canoe ride. Can't wait to spend many more days in that canoe this summer!




3 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

I am so jealous of that Harvard sweatshirt!

kylie said...

yes.

to all of it!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Brimfield, but it has a great reputation for its flea market. It is a bit of a trip for me but I need to work it out the next time I go to New England. That is a great photo on the canoe, I like the fog coming off the lake.

PhD by Publication by Joanne